Friday, March 6, 2009

Along Unfamiliar Paths

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not
forsake them." - Isaiah 42:16 (NIV)
-
If you are like me, you have your physical sight, but many times go "blindly" through life not knowing, understanding, or comprehending the plan, purpose, or provision yet to come. God said he would lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths. Think of how scary it would be to be blind and unfamiliar with your surroundings. I have been traveling on occasions where I woke up in unfamiliar places and for a moment been frightened or even injured my toe as I stumbled around trying to find my way in the dark.
-
For those not having the sense of sight, they would say it is very important to keep things in order and in place. We often like to live our lives the same way, in order and in place. When we are on unfamiliar paths in our lives it can be scary. Your unfamiliar path may be unemployment, an addiction, sickness, trouble with a family member, divorce, a financial crisis, or a loss of a person you loved. Now you may be all alone, in debt, or pain. Those around you may not understand what you are going through right now, but God does understand and cares.
-
There is hope for those who place their trust in God. God did not say he would lead us to an unfamiliar place and leave us there. No, he promised that on the unfamiliar path, he would turn the darkness into light before us and make the rough places smooth. The most important promise is at the end when he said, "I will not forsake them."
-
Are you on an unfamiliar path? Trust in God. There will be light coming from the darkness. There will be a smooth place instead of rough times soon. God will not leave you, he will never abandon you, he will not forsake you. Going through life without God is like the blind trying to circle the earth without a guide. Call on him today...God loves you and will lead you through the unknown and along the unfamiliar path.
-
Heather Harris
March 6, 2009

No comments: