Thursday, February 5, 2009

Greater Love Has No One But This....

Valentine's Day is just around the corner and the thoughts of love in the air!

Jesus said in John 15:13-17 (NIV), "Greater love has no one but this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command (see command at the end). I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I have chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit (fruit of the spirit according to Galatians 5:22-23 are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control), fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other."

Jesus showed us the greatest love when he paid the price for our sins, he died for us to have an abundant life free from sin. "God demonstrated his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Jesus died for us." Romans 5:8 (NIV).

During this month, when love is in the air, accept Jesus' love for you and in turn love one another.

Heather Harris
February 5, 2009

No comments: